In this episode we talk about keeping what we’ve learned, a WannaCry clarification, and Joining the dark side. As with anything, IT skills are perishable. Use them or loose them. We talk about the skills we’ve lost, how we got them back and how we plan to keep them. We do a quick WannaCry clarification where we talk about EternalBlue, DoublePulsar, and the hacker group The Shadow Brokers. Then we hypothetically consider joining the dark side. How hard is it to become a hacker? Can we make money as a hacker?
- Outsourcing crime: How Ransomware-as-a-Service works
- Commercial Malware Makes a Comeback in 2016
- Fatboy Ransomware-as-a-Service Emergas on Russian-Language Forum
- Satan enters roll-your-own ransomware game
- SMB Exploited: WannaCry Use of “EternalBlue”