We put a network together using a pfSense firewall and an Asus Wi-Fi router. I followed our Cisco Network Lifecycle to create a checklist. Dorothy was able to check things off the list and create a functioning network. We talk about the process, the hardware, what we learned and what we need to work on.
- Double check all interface configurations
- Double check DHCP Server configuration
- Network Address
- Default Gateway
- Pool of addresses that are given out
- DNS address given out by DHCP
- WAN Interface
- Change this to DHCP assigned – Do this at the end.
Asus Wi-Fi Router
- Reset this back to factory settings
- Give it an address on the network
- Configure it for AP mode
- Configure Wi-Fi
- Preshared Key